Thursday, February 28, 2013

Scouts

Gavin just started scouts in February. To say that he was excited would be an understatement. 
I have been a Scout Committee Chair for over a year now. Not my favorite thing to do....but there could be worse...
I could be in the nursery. 
Somehow this year I ended up being in charge of the blue and gold banquet.
Blake says they need a ladies touch for scout stuff.
Ladies touch=centerpieces with ribbon. 
Gavin got his Bobcat.
They give the Mom's a pin whenever the kids advance. 
I am not really sure why. Maybe so if they are being naughty you can just leave the pin upright on their chair?
That would teach em.
Canon and Laney were bored to tears....
OK not tears...
they felt no emotion.
Until dessert came.
Evidently when you are bored, sugar can't get into your system fast enough.
Some are a little more dainty about it...
Some are super polite.
They realize that people might be watching and they don't want to offend....
Not Canon. He could care less what you think.
When consuming breakfast desserts at 7 at night anything goes. Like eating a donut with a fork. Perfectly acceptable.
Just because our kids are little doesn't mean they can't eat a cupcake in two bites...because...
they can.

2 comments:

  1. I am NOT looking forward to scouts...NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would take nursery over scouts everytime. Yet somehow I am in charge of the stake day camp?! Somehow the message about me not liking scouts is not getting through. But the boys just love it so much...darn.

    ReplyDelete