Friday, February 22, 2013

Yep. Cooked Up Some Soap.

What do you do in your spare time?
Evidently, I like to take something that is easy...like buying laundry soap from the store and make it hard....like making it yourself.
Being domestic seems like a great idea...that is until you do it.
You begin to wonder why you feel the need to put the Tide company out of business?
Sure it was fast...and relatively painless...and your kids drink enough milk to have laundry containers for days...and in the end you want to roar "I am women!"
But really. 
It has the consistency of snot.
So...yah....it seems like snot consistency laundry soap may be counter productive. 
I think I will make dry next time.

2 comments:

  1. So much going on, you're a busy little bee. I want to know how it works, I have always wondered about it and know it's so much cheaper to make. Ill be curiously wondering and waiting to know.

    I so wish I could shop estate sales with you, I think that would just be so fun. Super cute chairs and lamps, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made my second batch of powder 2 weeks ago. It worked better the second time because I grated the soap instead of microwaving it and crumbling it. I also pulverized it in my blender to get a better powder consistency. There have been a few times that stains have not come out that I am pretty sure would have been gone with my tide but overall if I would have pretreated they would have come out too. Good luck with the liquid!

    ReplyDelete