Tuesday, February 12, 2013

That's Gonna Leave A Mark

Blake and I have been going on dates with the kids on Saturdays. 
Not only do they get to skip out on chores....score.
But they also have some rocking company to hang out with....double score.
On mine and Laney's date we went to the mall.
I fear for the day that Laney is 14 and a mall rat. 
It is gonna happen people. I have no doubt.
So...We went into Claires.
It is a tween paradise.
I am sure that when Laney said that she wanted to get her ears pierced she thought I would say no.
I didn't.
She tried to back out at the last minute.
But it was too late. 
I told her it wouldn't hurt that bad....
I may have fibbed.
No matter. 
She is bejeweled now. 
You should see some of the earrings that she points out that she wants to wear.
Heaven help me.
In other news.
Blake and I got into a car accident.
I don't like to point fingers but...it was totally the other guys fault.
(picture me pointing a finger)
Anywhoodle, when the kid hit us it spun our car around. There was a chair in the back seat and Gavin's head hit it...or he hit his head on the chair. 
Either way.
I will tell you this: All is fine and dandy until your kid is bleeding out their head. Then it is not fine or dandy.
It looked like it was a pretty good gash so we ended up taking him to the Urgent care. 
He ended up with 3 stitches. 
He was not concerned about his stitches. 
Mostly he was concerned that it was "gonna mess up his fancy new hair cut."
Crisis averted.
Hair cut was unscathed.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the haircut pulled through. Having an accident stinks though. Corey got hit two weeks ago and the person took off, super frustrating!!

    Hailey hares jewelry and has said she never wants her ears pierced, so awhile ago I was totally shocked because she asked if she could. I am not against it but was pretty sure she didn't wouldn't go through with it. So I told she had to wait till the weekend for me to take her. She totally changed her mind and once again says she will never do it. Laney, I'm sure will be rockin all kinds of earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, Happy Birthday! Glad everyone is okay from that accident...I feel like you guys have had your fair share of injuries and things recently!

    Mad props to Laney! I didn't get my ears pierced til I was 11...and I fainted! :)

    ReplyDelete