Sunday, January 6, 2013

Say What?!

Going to the doctor is nothing new for us. When you have four kids it seems that at any given moment one of them will be injured, sick, bleeding, coughing, broken, vomiting and more. 
It seems to be a rarity that we make it to the doctor strictly for a well child check. 
Perhaps it was my patting myself on the back, for scheduling the well child check on time, that caused the shift in the universe. 
The universe felt the need to reverse the shift.
During Canon's check with Dr. Bean she asked if Canon was eating, hearing and seeing alright. I said that he has problems with listening but I wasn't sure how much of that is "not being able to hear" and how much of it is "selective hearing." The doctor laughed and said that it was probably selective hearing....
Then she looked into Canon's ears and gasped.
Literally gasped.
Then told me that Canon has holes in his ear drums.
The gist is:
When Canon's tubes came out of his ears the holes did not close up. They sent us up to Primary Children's Hospital to see an E.N.T.
The E.N.T said that we will have to come back in March and then they will do a hearing test and schedule his surgery, one ear at a time. 

Canon, when I ask if he is listening to me, likes to say "I have holes in my ears." 
Looks like he is catching on fast, taking it in stride...and quite the jokester.

No comments:

Post a Comment