Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas

Christmas seems to be the best time of year. I suppose that is why the song goes "it's the most wonderful time of the year." You don't go making such a blanket statement if it is not true. 
Truthfully, I have been in a little bit of a Christmas coma. I snapped out of it, though, and I am hoping to catch up on all things Unguren related. 

The night before Christmas the kids got to open up their PJ's from Grandpa and Grandma Miller. It isn't a surprise to them, that they are pajamas.
But, they always get excited none the less.
Canon's pj's were Angry Birds and they said "this is my angry face" across the bottom....it couldn't be more false.
Ask for them to smile and this is what you get.
Ask them for a silly face and all of the sudden you have their undivided attention.
We thought it would be fun for our kids to act out the Christmas story from the bible. They used the nativity to move the people into place when I would read about them. 
I think Canon was all hopped up on night before Christmas juice because he was acting crazy. He broke off Mary's hand and then, when I was trying to read the Night Before Christmas we ended early because Canon started to read a book aloud and then was doing the one person wheelbarrow across the floor.
On the way to bed Laney asked if there really was a naughty list that Santa looked at? When we told her that there was Gavin promptly said "I am on the nice list." Then Canon asked is there was a "kind-of" list? 
I am sure he was hoping that if you make it onto the "kind-of" good list then maybe you still get a few presents. 
Lucky for him, Santa was feeling lenient this year.

Giving a "kind-of" kid a "kind-of" weapon....
We were really using our smarts.
The new kitty, from Santa, was well received. 

Although, Laney did say "Look, it's a kitty in our house. I did ask for a dog though...."
They haven't stopped mauling him yet.
When we did our yearly present buying spree at the dollar store, Penny picked out this hat for Blake.
The moment she saw it she said "I get this for Dad."
Which ended up being great. 
This was the first year that Blake and I didn't buy anything for each other. So, I am glad that Penny could bring home such a gem.
It has provided endless entertainment....
in the kitchen,
at the breakfast table,
and even in torturing the new kitty, Mozzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment