Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolutions

Last year seemed like it was a little rough. 
A lot of things happened that I probably could have done without.
But as a whole when I think about the year it doesn't seem that bad either...
Which means...that I am crazy...or..I don't have the best memory...or I have a selective memory...or get distracted easily. 
What was my point?
I kid.
This year I made some before New Years resolutions. I typically am not a "resolutions" kind of gal. I figure if you want to change something, you don't need the new year to do it. So I started in November.
My goal is to work on being grateful and satisfied with what I have.
One way for me to do that was to be happy for the clothes that I have (no matter how trivial that sounds) because truthfully...I have a lot.
I wanted to wear somethings that haven't seen the light of day for awhile. And by awhile, I mean that I still have a blouse that I had when I was dating Blake. 
So I switched all of my clothes backwards on their hangers and when I wear something I turn it the right way. 
It is fun to try to find some new ways to wear stuff and realize what things that I need to get rid of.
Plus, I don't care what anyone says...getting dressed in the morning is the quickest way for me to start my day off right. 
Especially when it is an outfit that I like.
They aren't all great, but they are not pajamas so that has to count for something. 
And...and...all of these pictures are a really good graph for how often I make our bed. 
Consider "making our bed more" a new resolution to start in February.

6 comments:

  1. All of those outfits are sooo cute! I need you to take me shopping, I have the hardest time piecing outfits together. Can you please be my style muse?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always had such an amazing wardrobe and put it all together so well. I really miss seek.g you in person in all of it. This inspires me to get dressed right away, I am not very good at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want your wardrobe. Mine is boring and I think I wear the same five or six outfits every week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved your style and wardrobe! You wore some cute stuff this last year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... this is quite the inspiring post! Game on, Ms. Jones, ok Unguren. I need to try this. I have plenty of stuff that I should pull out and put together into an actual outfit. You're right- it's a great way to start your day when you feel cute.

    ReplyDelete