Friday, January 25, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Sometimes, with life, I start to feel a little stagnant. 
I start to itch for a change.
I am sure I am not the only one.
I am sure, though, that the major difference between us is that, when I start to feel that way I have a tendency to paint. 
It is cheaper than redoing all of the decor in our house and it makes everything feel so clean and fresh.
It is not that I love painting.
(Although you may doubt that statement given my track record)
I just love the way it feels when it is done, so it is worth the effort. 
Our kitchen has been pretty ugly since the day we moved in. 
It is old and out dated but, in the end you work with what you got.
The cupboards. Oh the cupboards.
They were a taupey brown in the center, and who ever painted them before painted all of the hardware. Plus, we don't have a hood vent above our stove so the cupboards all had a greasy, sticky, yellow film over the top that had been on there for many years and refused to come off.
No worries. Paint covers it all up.  



White cupboards seem to warm my soul.
Still old, but I can totally handle that.

The hallway in our house has been painted this color since we moved in.
I actually repainted it right when we moved in, in the same color. 
I never really had a problem with it.
But I decided to paint the baseboards because they were all hacked up, and Blake suggested that I paint the walls a lighter color.
*collective sigh*
Clean walls. White baseboards. Ahhh.

And since I obviously can not get enough of painting I picked up this little desk at the D.I. for Laney and Penny's room. 
It is going to get a nice new lease on life too. Just like the dresser behind it. 
And when it comes to treasures I also found this little chair at Thrift Town that I couldn't resist for the new desk. 
For $1.99 it practically jumped in my cart on its own. 

2 comments:

  1. In some ways, I'm a lot like you! I just painted a dresser this week. I painted half the baseboards last week as well as the kitchen. I have one more room and the rest of the baseboards and the doors to go and that's my plan for this coming week. I kind of enjoy painting... but it's really the whole satisfaction and end result that makes it worth it. Love that desk! Have fun painting and changing things up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come paint my baseboards! They really need to be done and my doors, the railing, just the whole house. Maybe I should just move. I need some motivation!

    ReplyDelete