Friday, June 21, 2013

Life Imitating...Er...Life?

I figured it would be fun. I thought that Canon would love it.
That's what I get for thinking I know my kids.
Our ward does a "Fun in the Sun" activity once a week. The first week, we went to the fire department.
Gavin and Laney were enthralled.
They listened to a guy explain what everything did.
They even watched him put on his gear.
Canon? Not a big fan.
Gavin went so far as to try some on 
and test out how the hoses work.
Canon? He didn't think it was all that exciting....
but I am just guessing on this.
The kids waited with baited breath...
I think the guy was showing them their axes. They must have been very big...or scary.
Gavin was the star pupil so the fireman let Gavin climb into the fire engine...
and turn on the siren.
Laney drove a little, 
but mostly she was still concerned about the axes.
Know who wasn't concerned about the sharp weapons? This kid.
They dressed up in little fire uniforms.
Know who didn't care about the uniforms? Penny. 
She cried by my side just about the whole time. I thought she was being ornery.
But I think she had a premonition. 
(OK..I really really don't think that...I really think she was just being a little stinker.)
Not even a week later Penny was running around the upstairs and she runs straight into the corner of the wall. 
She falls on her bum and starts to cry. Now, mind you, Penny has this thing where if she gets hurt sometimes she will pass out. It sucks, but we are...for the most part...used to it. Well, I could tell that she was going to pass out so I blew in her face, which forces her to take a breath and most of the time it works. It didn't work. Which is no big deal. Normally when she passes out it is only for a minute. Well the minute passed and she didn't wake up..then another minute...then I called Blake in a panic who was right around the corner. It took him a minute to get home and she still was out. Her face was kind of pale and around her mouth is blueish. Blake pulled into the driveway and I told him we needed to call 911. He calls 911, and is talking to the person on the other end all the while Penny is still out. We hear the sirens coming down the road. At this point she has been passed out about 8 minutes or so. We know they are coming for us. Then right as they pull up to our house...Penny opens her eyes. They take a look at her and check her vitals as we stand in our front yard. They tell us that her vitals are normal and to watch her for an hour to make sure she doesn't projectile vomit or can't walk. We watch her....and she is just fine. 
Only the bruise on her forehead shows that she is a little worse for wear.
Not me though....I had a full fledged crying attack.
Then I realized that we have experienced a mile stone.
911 call? check.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, how scary!!! I'm so glad that she was okay. My middle child used to get hurt and scream or cry so hard that she passed out. I remember someone telling me to blow in her face before she got to the point where she just, went limp. So freaky. In any case, congrats on your first 911 call. May you never have another.

    ReplyDelete